NOTE: This method is not something we recommend to use when importing students to your EDU account. We are making this change to further reinforce the security of Soundtrap's Walled Garden feature. If the invite code is shared publicly, it can jeopardize the students’ safety by potentially causing strangers to receive access to your School’s Soundtrap account.
To learn more about the methods available when importing students to your EDU account, please go to this section within our support page or visit the articles below:
- How to import students/teachers using CSV file
- How to import students via Google Classroom?
- How to integrate Soundtrap with your Canvas account
- How to import students to your EDU account by creating a new user
- How to set up Google Sync
If you still choose to accept the risk and want to enable student registration with a group invite code, here’s the instructions:
- Go to Administration > Account settings > Import settings
- Check the box to Allow student registration with group invite code
- Go to Groups > Open the Group you want to import the student into
- Make sure the invite code is active before sharing it with the student
- To protect your students’ safety, make sure the invite code is shared privately and only with the users that should be part of your Education account.
- Once the students have successfully been imported, make sure to uncheck the box under “Import settings” to avoid giving other users access to your EDU account.
NOTE: If you have any further questions or suspect that your invite code has been exposed, please contact our support team and we will assist right away!
Join by invite code
- Go to soundtrap.com/edu and paste the Invite Code into this field:
- You will be able to choose to join with an existing account or to sign up with a new user account
- Select which sign-up/log in method you wish to use
- You have now successfully joined your School's EDU account