This setting allows teachers to share an activated Soundtrap group code or link with their students. If this setting is enabled for the EDU account, students will be able to join the EDU account and their teacher's Soundtrap group via the invite code or link.
To learn more about other rostering methods to import students to your EDU account, please go to this section within our support page or visit the articles below:
- How to import students/teachers using CSV file
- How to import students via Google Classroom?
- How to integrate Soundtrap with your Canvas account
- How to manually create a new user account in your EDU
- How to set up Google Sync
If you still choose to accept the risk and want to enable student registration with a group invite code, here are the instructions:
- Go to Account settings > Group Invite settings
- Check the box to allow student registration with group invite code.
- Go to Groups > Open the Group you want to import the student into.
- Click Activate Code and select to activate the code for 30 days or 60 minutes. Once the code is activated, you can share the invite link or invite code with your students.
- To protect your students’ safety, make sure the invite code is shared privately and only with the users that should be part of your Education account.
- Once the students have successfully been imported, make sure to deactivate the code.
- Click Add students from your homepage
- Choose Share invite code
- Select Group
- If code is inactive, the Activate for 30 days or Activate for 60 minutes will appear
- Click whether to Copy invite code or Copy invite link
Join by invite code
- Go to soundtrap.com/edu and paste the Invite Code into this field:
- You will see two options available.
Click No, I am new here if you have never had a Soundtrap account before.
Click Yes, I have an account if you already have an existing Soundtrap account.
- Select which sign-up/log in method you wish to use.
- Congratulations! You have now successfully joined your school's EDU account.