In this guide we'll walk you through how to get Soundtrap connected to your Canvas on a Course level. If you wish to add Soundtrap to multiple courses within Canvas, make sure you and your colleagues use the same integration codes for each course.
Warning: Generating new integration codes (step 2) will erase ALL existing connections established between your Canvas account and Soundtrap.
1. From the Home page, click Add users in the lower left corner or head to 'Account settings' under the 'Administration' tab on the left side and select +Import user.
2. Click on Canvas to generate the integration codes (If you have an existing integration with Soundtrap and Canvas, this step will erase the old one!)
3. When you've reached this window, open a new tab in your web browser and log in to Canvas and leave this window open until we've reached the corresponding window inside Canvas
4. When you've logged in to Canvas, go to Courses in the left column and select the course you want to integrate Soundtrap to
5. Go to Settings inside the Course and click View App Configurations
6. Click +App
7. Change configuration type to by URL
8. Copy the codes from Step 3 into the correspondent boxes
That's it! Now you've successfully integrated Soundtrap with Canvas And you'll find the App in the course as shown in the picture below:
NOTE: If you have a district or whole-school Canvas account and would like to turn on Soundtrap for every single Canvas course in that account, the admin of your Canvas account can set up Soundtrap on account level by following this guide! (Note this will make Soundtrap available to ALL Canvas users)