In this article, we'll go through the steps required to set up Google Sync with your School or District account.
NOTE: Any existing Soundtrap users part of a synced OU will automatically be added to your EDU account and be visible in the User list. Users without an existing Soundtrap account will be added to the EDU account upon first log in/sign up.
You need to check two things before we start:
- Super-admin role in Google Account
You need to be a Super-admin with administrative rights to access the Google Organization Unit (OU).
- Super-admin Google account needs to be an Owner of the Soundtrap account
If you started the EDU account with the Google account, this will be set by default. If you're not the owner of the account, ask one of the existing owners to assign you the role of owner.
1. Go to www.soundtrap.com and click the Log in with Google button and make sure you use the Google Account that has administrative rights.
2. Go to Administration > Under Account Settings, click Sync account
3. Click on Google Sync. The first time you set up the sync configuration, you'll be asked to allow Soundtrap to access your Google Account data. Click the “Allow” button to continue.
4.The Google Sign In dialog box will appear asking you to choose an account, sign-in using the account that has administrative rights.
5. The Allow Access dialog box will then appear, asking you to allow Soundtrap to view your domains and the users in those domains. Click the Allow button to continue.
6. If the authorization is set up and Soundtrap is allowed to access your Google OU account, the dialog will show all the domains that you have granted access to. Select the domain that you want to sync by clicking on the checkbox and then click Next.
7. Next, you'll need to configure how to handle the removed and updated users. Click Next after selecting the options you preferred.
Do nothing when the user is deleted
Nothing will be done to this user. The user will remain in the account with a seat (if assigned a seat)
Remove user from the educational account
The user removed from the educational account and can no longer access the account.
Unseat the user in the educational account
The user will remain in the educational account but will not have a seat.
Note: The recommendation is to unseat the user in the EDU account.
8. Select which organizational units you want to sync by clicking the checkbox and specify the role for each unit. When you are done, click the Sync button.
9. Once the configuration is done, a message will appear at the bottom of the page.
Configurations! You have now successfully configured your Soundtrap account to automatically sync with your Google OU. Existing users part of another Edu account in Soundtrap will be moved over to the Synced Edu account and get added to the correct group. Users who do not yet have a user account will be added to the Edu account upon first log in/sign up.
NOTE: When the steps have been completed, Google will need to verify the authorization and we recommend allowing at least 30 - 45 min before the process is complete.