This article will review how an EDU owner a teacher can activate a Soundtrap group code so that students can join their teacher's specific Soundtrap group. Students must be in the same group as their teacher in order to collaborate.
- Click on the your Groups tab to view the status of your invite codes
- If the invite code to the group is grey then it means the code is inactive. Click on the group you would like to activate and then click on “Activate code”
- You can choose how long you want the invite code/link to stay active for by selecting either 60 minutes or 30 days.
Note: Your students can join your group during this time.
Example: choose 60 minutes if you are sharing the code during a specific class period.
- Now that the group code is activated, you can share the group invite code or link with your students. Share the How to join a teacher's Soundtrap group using an invite code article with your students. Once the students have joined the group successfully, you will see their name listed as a member of the group.
- Only students that are currently part of your EDU account will be able to join a group by following these instructions.
- Activation is specific to the invite code of the specified group.
- To protect your students’ safety, make sure the group code is shared privately and only with the users that should be part of your group. Remember to deactivate the group code once your students have successfully joined the group.