This setting allows teachers to share an activated Soundtrap group code or link with their students. If this setting is enabled for the EDU account, students will be able to join the EDU account and their teacher's Soundtrap group via the invite code or link.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We recommend exercising caution when using this feature. Only share an activated group code or link with users who should be in the EDU. Do not share the code or link publicly. If the invite code is shared publicly, it can jeopardize students’ safety if strangers receive access to your school’s Soundtrap account.
To learn more about other rostering methods to import students to your EDU account, please go to this section within our support page or visit the articles below:
- How to import students/teachers using CSV file
- How to import students via Google Classroom?
- How to integrate Soundtrap with your Canvas account
- How to manually create a new user account in your EDU
- How to set up Google Sync
If you still choose to accept the risk and want to enable student registration with a group invite code, here are the instructions:
- Go to Account settings > Group Invite settings
- Check the box to allow student registration with group invite code.
- Go to Groups > Open the Group you want to import the student into.
- Click Activate Code and select to activate the code for 30 days or 60 minutes. Once the code is activated, you can share the invite link or invite code with your students.
- To protect your students’ safety, make sure the invite code is shared privately and only with the users that should be part of your Education account.
- Once the students have successfully been imported, make sure to deactivate the code.
NOTE: If you have any further questions or suspect that your invite code has been exposed, please contact our support team and we will assist right away!
Join by invite code
- Go to soundtrap.com/edu and paste the Invite Code into this field:
- You will see two options available.
Click No, I am new here if you have never had a Soundtrap account before.
Click Yes, I have an account if you already have an existing Soundtrap account.
- Select which sign-up/log in method you wish to use.
- Congratulations! You have now successfully joined your school's EDU account.
NOTE: Using this method will create student accounts only. If you share an invite code/link with a teacher or other colleagues to join the EDU account, the user will appear with a "student" role in the EDU account.
Article is closed for comments.