For instructions on how to import students using Google Classroom, CLICK HERE.
To import students/teachers using CSV, follow the steps below:
- From the landing page in your Soundtrap profile, click +Add students
- Under Bulk Import, choose CSV File.
- A new window will open showing a dialog with instructions on what should be included on your CSV file. Under Please import a file, choose your file and choose the options from the drop-down. Click Next.
- A preview of the students/teachers details included on the file is shown. Please note that no capital letters should be used in the email addresses. If all looks good, click Import.
- That's it! The students/teachers are successfully imported (Status: OK). Click Done for next step
- The students/teachers are now visible under User List
- The CSV file should follow this format:
- First column: First Name
- Second column: Last Name
- Third column: Email address
- Fourth column: Password
- If the file has an excess row or column without info, an "invalid details" message will show on preview. Make sure to delete all excess rows and columns.
- No capital letters should be used in the email addresses field
- Soundtrap does not send email confirmations for accounts created using CSV file. Owners or teachers need to provide the credentials to their students.
- By default, imported students will have assigned seats if the Edu account has enough seats.