In this guide, we will review how a teacher can create a Canvas integrated Soundtrap assignment. Once successfully created, students can click on the assignment and student-copies of the Soundtrap project will be created and located within an assignment folder in Soundtrap. Students who’ve successfully created a student-copy of the assignment will be visible in the Canvas Speedgrader. See the steps below to create a Canvas integrated Soundtrap assignment.
1. Log in to Canvas, go to Courses and click on +Assignment
2. Fill out the assignment details (name of the assignment, description, points etc.). Once you're finished, scroll down the page to reach Submission type.
3. As Submission Type choose External tool in the scroll down menu.
4. Select Soundtrap to go to the studio.
5. When you are done with the project inside the studio, hit Save and go to File > Attach to task: Canvas assignment (Note: it can be a blank project, but you'll need to add a track in order to save the project).
When you close the Soundtrap pop-up window you'll get back to Canvas and save the assignment! All done! :)