Tips on how to get a good audio recording with a computer mic:
- Try to be in a quiet and absorptive environment to avoid background noise and echo-y reflections.
- Do the Volume test to set the right recording level and avoid clipping and distortion.
- Stay close to the microphone. This ensures you will hear more of your voice and less of the background noise and room reflections.
- Use headphones to avoid the sound from the computer speakers to accidentally be recorded.
- Use a pop filter remove the low-frequent "pops" that occurs because of the puffs of air created by consonants (such as "b", "p", etc).
- If you're not using it already, try the Computer Mic Enhancer vocal preset.