In this guide we'll walk through how to create brand new Soundtrap accounts for students by importing your Google Classroom. Prior to importing your Google Classroom to Soundtrap, please ensure that you've already created at least one Soundtrap group which is needed to enroll your users into.
1. From the landing page in your Soundtrap profile, click Add students in the lower left corner.
2. From the Import Users Bulk import window, click Google Classroom.
3. Import users from Google Classroom dialog window: Allow access and click "Next".
4. Import users from Google Classroom dialog window: select a class to import and a Soundtrap group to add the new user(s) into. Click "Import".
5. The students have now been imported to Soundtrap! The students have new Soundtrap user accounts and are now enrolled into your Soundtrap group.
6. The student can now access Soundtrap by clicking on Log in (upper-right corner of the Soundtrap landing page) > Select Log in with Google and can start creating Music or Podcasts!
- Google Classroom sync will create new Soundtrap accounts for new users only; an error message may occur if a user's email address already exists in Soundtrap. Please reach out to Soundtrap support to inquire.
- Google Classroom sync will enroll brand new user accounts into one Soundtrap group only. It is not possible to add students to multiple Soundtrap groups by importing multiple different classrooms. Please refer to this article to invite students to join different Soundtrap groups.
- Re-importing your Google Classroom will not update Soundtrap seat assignments. Refer to this article to learn more about updating seats.
Article is closed for comments.