What is a Comment feature?
- Commenting is a useful way to add notes, suggestions, questions or feedback for other collaborators in the project. It allows you to communicate with collaborators about specific parts of a project without having to send an email or message them separately.
Where can I add a Comment?
- Timeline area:
To add a comment, click on the comment symbol in the timeline area to open a comment dialog where you can add the comment. If you move your cursor, in the comment area, along the timeline the comment symbol will follow so that you can add the comment where you wish.
- Region area:
To add comment on the region area, right click on the region (precisely where you want to add a Comment) and select “Add Comment”
All comments can be viewed in the Comment Panel, on the right side of the studio, along with the Loop and Collaboration tabs. To learn more about the Comment Panel, feel free to check this support article out!
Can a Comment be brought back if deleted?
- Currently, deleted comments and threads can’t be brought back.
Can I add a Comment to a bar/beat or timestamp?
- Currently, you can only add a comment to a timestamp. To add a comment to a specific bar/beat, move the cursor in the comment area/timeline to where you want and specify in the comment which bar/beat you are referring to.
- To add a comment to a specific timestamp, use playhead to navigate it to the exact timestamp while looking at the timestamp change on the bottom right section. Once you’ve placed it where you want to add it, simply refer to it like a ruler, click on the timeline area and you’re good to go. You can confirm the accuracy of comment placement by looking at the exact timestamp that’s visible on comment dialogue itself.
How can I mention someone in a Comment?
- Mentioning others is not supported right now. However, we’re working on this feature and it’ll be rolled out in a couple of months.
Can I share a Comment?
- Yes, you can share a comment by clicking on the context menu of an existing comment and selecting “Copy Link”.
Can I edit a Comment?
- Yes, you can edit a comment by clicking the three dots and clicking “Edit”
Can I move a Comment?
- Currently, you can’t move a Comment.
Can I invite a new user via Comment?
- No, you can’t invite a new user via Comment.
Article is closed for comments.