Here are a few simple steps:
- Connect your microphone to your desktop/laptop
- If you have a USB mic, simply plug it into any USB ports on your desktop/laptop
- If your mic contains an XLR plug, you'll need to connect it to an audio interface first, then to your desktop/laptop
- In the studio, click Add New Track then choose Voice & Mic
- Choose your preferred mic preset. These are pre-made settings and pre-configured effects intended for specific genres and even podcasts.
Do this to determine how loud your microphone input is. This is also recommended when recording guitars/bass.
Record two different microphones simultaneously by adding another track then enable both of them.
The input device selection is located in the instrument view of the studio. Select your input device and click on the name of your current input to open the dropdown list of available input devices.
Click Advanced to select channels from your audio interface. If your audio interface has more than two input channels, the additional channels will not be accessible due to a browser limitation.