Changing the Pitch
You can change the pitch of a region by:
1. Selecting the region of a track that you want to change the pitch of
2. Then, click "Edit" on the region and
3. Select "Change Pitch..." This allows you to change the pitch in semitones.
A semitone equals one key on the piano keyboard - if you go one semitone up you're moving one key to your right, and vice versa. This works both for audio and midi regions.
(1) Edit region
(2 & 3) Edit region - Change Pitch...
If you have added a loop from the loops library containing pitched audio, like a bass or synth loop, you have a Transpose feature instead of the usual Change Pitch. If you hover over a loop, it will display the key that it is currently in.
1. Click "Edit" on the region and
2. then "Transpose"
3. To change it to a different key. The region will update to display the new key. You can build an entire song simply by copying regions and transposing them in this way :)
(1) Edit region (loop containing pitched audio) Note the chord information on the region (Am)
(2) Edit region - Transpose