A Dump of All My Suggestions
On multiple accounts, I've been using Soundtrap for roughly 2 years. During this time, I've thought of quite a few suggestions, and I've now decided to dump them all here.
- Dark theme on the Projects page. This has annoyed me since day 1, and I much prefer dark theme when I'm making stuff late at night. Dark theme extensions mess up the studio, and certain aspects of the website.
- More customization of the studio, like where things are positioned and sizing. Similar to a lot of other music production studios, where you can click-and-drag different parts of the studio to different positions to customize the studio to your liking.
- The ability to disable/enable auto-mixing. This is by far the most annoying aspect of Soundtrap. Knowledgeable creators who know how to mix should be able to mix their own tracks to their liking, also because auto-mixing can often change the way you want your track to sound like. Whether this be through a setting or what, it needs to be added.
- There needs to be a more clearer and open way for users of the platform to express their suggestions and feedback. This forum isn't a bad method, but it can sometimes feel almost mega-corporate bland, with a sense of a lack of acknowledgement. The exact way of solving this problem is unknown to me, but I feel like you guys could figure it out.
- The demo packs that come out ever so often, with all due respect, are just not good. I would VERY MUCH rather a focus on the actual available instruments and synths and drums than pre-made loops, and over the last while, it's felt like Soundtrap really wants to push half-attempted loops instead of actual quality instruments.
- While I'm on the topic of loops here, PLEASE bring back some of the old legacy instruments. Some good ones got removed or are now restricted to premium-only.
- Please work on the performance of the studio. I know you guys are, but even on a high-quality workstation PC, it can run somewhat poorly.
Alright, I think I'm done dumping my thoughts. I really hope that some of these are considered by the Soundtrap team.
While I'm on the topic of loops here, PLEASE bring back some of the old legacy instruments. Some good ones got removed or are now restricted to premium-only.
I agree! They locked the Futura and Flower drum sets behind their Supreme tier subscription despite the fact that they used to be freely usable in the past. And for what reason? Who knows!
Also they should make triple sure that their loops are actually in key too, I've seen examples where that wasn't the case.
Please sign in to leave a comment.