This guide provides the resources for teachers in a Soundtrap EDU account to successfully establish a framework that works for their classroom.
How to log into your Soundtrap account
There are different methods to log into a Soundtrap account. Please log into your Soundtrap account using the same integration method established by the owner of the account. If you are unsure, please reach out to a colleague to confirm.
- LMS integration: If the owner of the EDU account has established a LMS integration (Canvas, Google Classroom, MusicFirst Online Classroom, Schoology) please log into your LMS account first.
- District level integration: If the owner of the EDU subscription has implemented Soundtrap district wide, you will see the Soundtrap app already listed in your course menu. Simply log into your LMS account, go to your course, and click on the Soundtrap app from the course menu.
- Course level integration: If the EDU subscription is not district wide, then you may need to integrate Soundtrap into your individual courses manually.
Canvas: Please reach out to your colleague to acquire the 3 LTI credentials required for Canvas course integration. Teachers and students should log into their Canvas account, go to the class, and click on the Soundtrap app in order to populate their Soundtrap accounts.
Learn more: How to integrate Soundtrap into multiple Canvas courses
Schoology: It is possible to install the Soundtrap app from the Schoology App Center. Teachers and students should log into their Schoology account, go to their class, and click on the Soundtrap app in order to populate their Soundtrap account.
Learn more: Schoology: App Center (Instructors)
- Non-LMS integrated: If your school does not use a LMS integration with Soundtrap, then the owner of the EDU account should already have created a Soundtrap account on your behalf. Teachers and students can go to our website and click “Log In”. A popup will appear and the user will have the option to sign in. Be sure to use your school email address when choosing to sign in using Google SSO or Microsoft SSO.
If not using SSO to log in, click the “Forgot Password” link and enter your email address to reset your Soundtrap password. If you do not receive an email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
How to create groups and collaborate
In order to collaborate with each other, users must be in the same Soundtrap group.
Here are some articles that may be helpful:
- How to create groups
- How to manually add students/teachers to a group
- How to add students to a group via invite code
Note: Depending on your LMS, it may be possible to sync your LMS course over to Soundtrap as a Soundtrap group.
How to create a Soundtrap assignment
There are different ways to create a Soundtrap assignment and different ways to distribute the assignment. When a student clicks on the assignment, a student copy will be created and the teacher will automatically be listed as a collaborator on the project. Please see our article here on how to create and send assignments in Soundtrap if you do not use a LMS integration.
If you use a LMS integration, learn more below:
How to create an assignment through Canvas
How to create an assignment through Google Classroom
How to create an assignment through Microsoft Teams
How to create an assignment through Schoology
How to view your students’ work
When a student clicks on an assignment link, a student copy of the assignment will be created and the teacher will be listed automatically as a collaborator on the project. The teacher will be able to view the folders and assignments nested within the folder. The teacher will have the ability to view the assignments in list view or in grid view.
Learn more: How to view your students’ work