If your acoustic guitar can be plugged in directly to an audio interface, check this link to our support article: Plug in and record a guitar
If the mentioned above isn't available, follow these steps:
- Connect your microphone to your desktop/laptop
- If you have a USB mic, simply plug it into any USB ports on your desktop/laptop
- If your mic contains an XLR plug, you'll need to connect it to an audio interface first, then to your desktop/laptop
- In the studio, click Add New Track then choose Voice & Mic
- Choose your preferred mic preset.
Do this to determine how loud your microphone input is. This is also recommended when recording guitars/bass.
The input device selection is located in the instrument view of the studio. Select your input device and click on the name of your current input to open the dropdown list of available input devices.
Click Advanced to select channels from your audio interface. If your audio interface has more than two input channels, the additional channels will not be accessible due to a browser limitation.