There are several possible reasons. It might be hard for us to tell the exact problem but these are the most common ones:
- Make sure you select the right audio input device in the Sound setup of the Soundtrap studio.
- Make sure you’ve downloaded and installed the correct drivers for your interface. Just Google "[the name of the interface] driver" to see if you need one.
- Make sure your interface works with your computer/OS. There might be differences between Mac/PC/Chromebook.
- Check all your cables and connections and the volume controls of your instrument.
- Make sure the cable is connected to the correct input of your interface.
- Try another cable, a common problem is a broken/faulty cable.
If none of this helps, please send an e-mail to support [at] soundtrap.com and we'll try our best to assist you!