You can download the Soundtrap App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or use the web version on your mobile browser.
To start recording, open the studio, add a Voice & Mic track, and press Start recording.
Tips for recording
- Aim your device's mic in the direction of the sound source.
- Turn off incoming calls before recording to prevent interruptions, but make sure that you still have internet connect.
- Find a quiet place to record.
- Avoid the mic being in direct contact with wind. Even a mild breeze can overpower the sound of someone talking.
- Keep a good distance between the mic and the sound source to capture a clear audio recording.
- For best results, use earphones/headphones with mic, or an external microphone that's supported by your device.
- Check that your device allows microphone access to the app.
- Make sure that you have a stable network connection.
- Close other background running apps
- Reopen the app.
- Update or reinstall the app.
- If you're using the mobile browser, close other tabs and background apps.
Still not working?
Log in to Soundtrap and click the Support button at the bottom right corner of the page.