The first time you create a Voice & Microphones track in Soundtrap you will get a prompt in Chrome asking you to allow microphone access. (1) Click "Allow" in order to be able to record.
(1) Allow microphone access
In case you don't get this prompt, or in case you have blocked microphone access, follow the steps below in order to fix it!
- Open your browser
- Click on the menu symbol (2)
- Click on "Settings" (3)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Advanced" (4)
- Under "Privacy and security", click "Content settings" (5)
- Click "Microphone" (6)
- Make sure that "Ask before accessing" is checked, and that Soundtrap is not in the list of blocked sites. If it is, remove it from the blocked list (7)
- Go to Soundtrap again and enter the studio. When prompted about microphone access, click "Allow". Soundtrap should now also appear in the list of allowed sites.
(2) Chrome menu
(4) Advanced (scroll to the bottom of the page)
(5) Content settings (located in the Privacy and security section)
(7) Soundtrap should appear in the list of allowed sites. Make sure that "Ask before accessing" is checked and that Soundtrap is not in the list of blocked sites. If you find Soundtrap under "Block", remove it.